S S F — err… SSF2 Beta Release 1 (1.0) is now available to download/play!
Note: MGN (Online Mode) is currently undergoing a massive update for SSF2 Beta compatibility, it may take several hours to be back up. Stay tuned to our social media to know the second it’s back up!
Here’s a taste of some of the changes in store…
- AN AUTOUPDATER! This means no more mashing F5 to get the newest update. When it’s available, it will automatically download on game launch and prompt you to install.
- TEN new characters including one unlockable – the most added in one update..EVER!
- The ENTIRE cast has been rebalanced!
- Over ten new stages…of which many are unlockable.
- Classic Mode, Sandbag Soccer, Home Run Contest, Multi-Man Smash, two new Special Smash options, and a new Break the Targets stage!
- More single-player events than ANY official Smash Bros. title!
- Massively improved Online Mode gameplay (no more restarting the entire game!) with the ability to accept/deny join requests, choose your input delay, word filters, and more!
- Near 140 music tracks, most of which are new, remastered, or original compositions!
- Over 15 new items, and all items upscaled and completely redone from scratch to be more fun to play with!
- Tons of new Pokemon and Assist Trophies
- Customizable quality settings, allowing you to disable anything from stage backgrounds to your characters’ special effects
- Brand new special effects across the cast
- Many characters’ sprites redone or recolored to fit in better
- Tons of stages upscaled and/or redone to fit in better
- Redone costumes for nearly every character in the game
- Increased landing lag on recovery moves
- Balancing teching, rolling, getup attack, etc. frame data
- Costumes no longer affect special effects unless explicitly enabled
- NATIVE USB GAMEPAD SUPPORT! (Downloadable version only)
MASSIVE UPDATE, right? I’m excited!
Rather than keep you waiting until these things are fixed, please note that some minor features will remain disabled temporarily including:
- Final Smashes
- Gamepad support in the Browser version
- Online Arena Mode (Sandbag Soccer)
- Peril Roulette in Classic Mode
- Character-Specific Break the Targets
- ‘Trades’ between opposing attacks
- Accessorized costumes
- Misc. stage hazards (Green Hill Zone, etc.)
We promise to send out auto-updates to enable these features as soon as we get the issues ironed out.
For now, happy Smashing!! As always, if you run into any issues, you can report them to us in our Bug Thread on the forums.